Tuesday 2 February 2016

Long Term Mooring Secured...

Good news - after Friday's initial faffing around on the CRT moorings website  (https://www.watersidemooring.com) you'll remember we were waiting "patiently" again...

Well yesterday morning, shortly after 9am I could resist no longer...and gave the lovely Emma a call.  We chatted about Stanley Ferry and she was pleased I'd called her - apparently my message left on her Answer (ansa?) phone on Saturday morning had been all Normal Collier...

She explained that the system had now allocated me a reference number - the thing "missing" when my buy it now attempt was made previously and I had to go back on line and do it again.  So at coffee time *read instantly*, I logged in and this time was able to complete the transaction.  Basically, it was a £70 deposit payable immediately and a direct debit set up  for £154 a month for 11 months.  I got the email back from their system with the terms and conditions and confirmation the purchase was agreed in principle - subject to credit checks etc.  I can't see any reason why that will fail but even if it did, we could get around it by paying cash apparently.  SO it's all systems go and we now have somewhere to store the boat.. when it eventually arrives.

Being a Yorkshireman, I do have a bit of a problem wasting the money each month when it could be put to better purpose but accept for peace of mind, there really isn't another option.  Andy is in agreement anyway so that makes it slightly more palatable.

The location of the berth, is in Zone C - ie the "other side" of the canal - between two knackered looking but progressing slowly, gigantic Humber barges ...

Roughly near the bottom water point on above map. - it's not ideal but it does at least have an access road within 5 foot of the side of the boat so at least getting heavy stuff down to it will not pose a problem.  It will also be handy for connecting a couple of hoses together to be able to fill the water tank without having to move.

Shortly after the on-line purchase was complete, I got a call from Brad in Birmingham CRT office... he was replying to the on-line query I'd raised on Friday when trying to complete the purchase.

I've got to say - Both he and Emma were very natural, and clearly the right people in the job... which these days makes a pleasant change.

So that's it - some paperwork in the form of contract and mooring permits will arrive in the post within about 15 days... meanwhile we just have to continue waiting patiently for our build slot to get nearer.  It's only 1 week down and I can't deny, we're already chomping at the bit to get going....

It's going to be a long summer !

Until next time...


No comments: